While the snow hasn’t begun to fall yet, I know the time of year has come when you’re expecting my Christmas list of wants and wishes. After working hard and trying to stay out of trouble, I’m positive to be on your nice list this year. That being said, I’ll try and keep my list somewhat short and only give you 5 of my obsessions for this season.
1. Leather – in the form of leggings, a quilted jacket, or a chic dress (you know, like the one Jennifer Aniston wore from the Celine collection). It’s so edgy, so fresh, and so classic, especially when worn with a tastefully simple shoe and eye catching lipstick. Less is more with a leather inspired ensemble.
2. Glitz – whether in the form of a pair of shoes, sequins blazer, studded handbag, or shiny new watch, tis’ the season to sparkle and be bold. Even something as simple as adding a bit of sparkle and shine to your nails can step up a look! I’m loving Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci’s buckled sandals as well as Kate Spade’s glittered bags. It’s a must have for the season.
3. Going Green – Trying to remain the good girl that I am, I find it important to do what I can for the environment even if it’s the tiniest change. This season, I’d like to add to my cabinet an eco-friendly water bottle such as the Klean Kanteen, which is made from stainless steel, eliminating the use for plastic water bottles so much. It even has several lids I can switch out depending on whether or not I’m drinking a warm chai tea or ice cold water!
4. Accessories galore! There is nothing better added to an outfit than the perfect accessories, wouldn’t you say? I know you understand my obsession with belts and buckles! This season, it’s about mixing and matching different lengths, textures, and styles of jewelry. You can stack up a pile of bangles on your wrist, right next to your watch or throw on numerous necklaces, mixing pearl and jewel if you’d like! Monogram is back and bigger than ever. Gold necklaces and rings initialed with your personal letters let anyone and everyone know just who’s stylish. The possibilities are endless!
5. Lace and suiting – but not the frilly kind of lace around the tops of my socks which my Mom used to make me wear with my saddle shoes when I was 5. I’m talking about sophisticated lace. One that oozes a sense of demure and romanticism. And let’s not underestimate the appeal of a menswear inspired look. Take an example from Elizabeth Olsen who dressed in Chanel from head to toe in a crisp button up tucked into a pair of high-waisted, wide legged pants. Sophisticated, yet always chic!
There are a ton of choices out there and I know you are busier than ever; therefore, I hope I’ve given you enough tips for just a few of my favorite things this season. When in doubt, ask Mrs. Clause for advice. And as always, the cookies and milk will be in the same place!